Spiked Hot Apple Cider Recipe
Spiked Hot Apple Cider
Created by Sunshine & Whiskey Bartending
Made with cinnamon sticks, star anise, clove, allspice, fresh oranges and your desired spirit (Bourbon-whiskey, Spiced rum, rum). The perfect easy to make cocktail to impress your XMUS guests.
Ingredients - Creates 14 drinks
* 1 gallon unfiltered apple juice
* 1 large orange, cut into 1/4” slices
* 3 cinnamon sticks
* 4 star anise
* 1 tablespoon whole cloves
* 1 tablespoon whole allspice
* 1” ginger root, sliced
* 1 1/2 cups of desired spirit (we will be using Whiskey-Bourbon)
1. In a large pot, add apple juice, orange slices, cinnamon sticks, star anise, whole cloves, whole allspice and ginger root.
2. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce to simmer for 2-3 hours.
3. Remove fruit and spices from the pot.
4. Add spirit to the apple cider mixture.
Optional: garnish with orange slices, apple slices
This recipe can be made in a Crock Pot as well.
Add all the ingredients, less the spirit to the crock pot.
Turn Crock Pot to LOW and cook for 2-3 hours.
Add spirit and serve.
Try this drink and more at the Xmus Festival Holiday Gifting Market taking place December 7th from 12-6pm.